Dentalimplant411.com offers educational information about dental implants. Whether replacing a single tooth or all teeth, dental implants can greatly improve your quality of life. Learn about implant placement procedure, cost, advantages and disadvantages of implants. Search for an implant dentist in your area. Get your smile back and improve your quality of life.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are metal fixtures made out of titanium that are placed within the jawbone with great precision. Dental implants provide a highly biocompatible surface, which enables bone to completely fill in around the implant and provide long-term stability. When fully integrated with surrounding bone a dental implant serves as a root of a missing tooth. The implant then provides support for the final restoration, dental crown, bridge or denture. After completion it is not possible to distinguish between an implant supported and tooth supported restoration. Replacing a missing tooth with an implant is the only way to fill in an empty space where the tooth used to be without modifying adjacent teeth.
- FAQ About Dental Implants- most frequently asked questions about dental implants. If you have more specific questions please visit our forum.
More specific information about dental implants:
Learn about dental implant cost and how to care for implants. We will discuss adjunct procedures such as bone grafting and sinus lift, which may be required before dental implant placement. Learn about potential problems encountered, as well as disadvantages that can be associated with placement of dental implants.
- Dental Implant Cost- how much does a dental implant cost? What is included in the price? Learn about possible financing options for dental implants.
- Bone Grafting & Dental Implants- learn about different types of bone grafts that could accompany the implant placement surgery. Possible cost of a bone grafting procedure.
- Sinus Lift & Sinus Augmentation-learn about differences and indications of a sinus lift and a sinus tap procedure. When do you need a sinus lift. What is the cost of the procedure.
- Dental Implant Blog- Articles relating to dental implants and dental related topics. If you have an article that you would like to submit please contact the administrator.
- Dentistry Chat Room- check out our brand new dental chat room. Discussions about dental related topics. From root canals to teeth whitening. Post any questions, comments or suggestions related to dental implants in the chat room.
Anyone who has ever had to wear a denture understands how frustrating it is when the denture will not stay in place. Whether its poor tissue support or poorly fitting dentures, the transition from natural teeth to a removable set of false teeth can be traumatic. The transition can take a long time and it is dependant upon the patients willingness to accept this change. Dental implants can reduce or even eliminate these acquired problems. With use of implants patients will adapt to the new prosthesis which will allow them to function more comfortably. Denture stability obtained with the help of dental implants is exceptional. Learn More
The cost of a dental implant can vary depending upon the region of the country as well as location of implant placement in the mouth, complexity of the case, and on who will place and restore the implant. The average cost is usually between about $3000 and $3600. It is difficult to predict what the total cost might be because every dental implant case is different and can provide its own specific challenges. We should also take under consideration the cost of any addition procedures, such as bone grafting, sinus lift, etc., which might be necessary. Scheduling a consultation is the best way to get a more accurate cost estimate. Price for a dental implant has dropped considerably since the economic downturn. Many dentists have a fixed price for placing and restoring an implant with any needed additional procedures already included in the cost. This is why if you have been considering getting an implant this is a great time to get it done. Learn More
Whether replacing a single tooth or all teeth you will find information on various relevant topics such as, cost of dental implants, financing options and benefits of a dental implant supported denture. In the Who Places and Restores Implants section, you will learn about the steps a dentist performs to provide you with a functional implant and an esthetically appealing crown, dental bridge or denture. Learn how to select the right dentist. Search our dentist database for an implant doctor in your area. Find answers to common questions related to dental implants in Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section.
This is a free information resource for the general public, and is made possible through the revenue received from sponsors. To advertise on this site please contact the administrator at email@example.com.
The content of this site is provided for information only and not for medical advice. This site makes no claims as to the accuracy of its information and is not a substitute for direct consultation with your health care professional.