How to Locate a Doctor in Your Area
Here are some ways to help you find a qualified dental implant professional close to you. By doing a little research, you can discover a dentist who is right for you.
Find an Implant Dentist Near You
- Use the Search for a dentist in your area feature. This option allows you to search through the dentalimplant411.com directory of dentists who either place or restore implants.
- Call a local dental association. Visit their website. They are an excellent source on information.
- Ask a friend or a family member. “Word of mouth” is a common way to find out more information.
- Search the internet. There are several websites that allow users to rate the dental office and dentist. You can also read comments made about the dentist or a dental office.
Find an Implant Dentist That is Right For You
- Location. People are often willing to travel a little further to see a highly recommended doctor. Some patients prefer an office that is easy to find, has convenient hours, allow easy access and parking, and/or be close to public transportation.
- Gender and age. Some people have a preference for a dentist of the same gender or of a certain age group. These factors however, probably do not have much to do with the qualifications of the practitioner.
- Language. Effective communication is important to every doctor-patient relationship. If this could be a concern, you may want to ask what languages are routinely spoken in the office.
- Office intangibles. Your experience with a doctor’s practice can be influenced by non-medical things, such as how you were greeted on the phone, how the office looks, the attitudes of the staff, the way the doctor makes you feel and other intangibles.
Other Helpful Online Resources
Associations and Organizations:
American Dental Association (ADA)
Obtain the latest information on implants and other dental related topics.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)-
Good oral health resource.
Other helpful websites:
Colgate – World of Care
Provides an abundance of information on oral health and oral health products
American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
This site provides general information about the surgical aspects of dentistry. It includes information on wisdom tooth extractions, implants, corrective jaw surgery, oral cancer, nutrition, snoring, sleep apnea and much more.
American College of Prosthodontists (ACP)
Good source of information on more complex dental implant cases as well as a wide variety of other dental cosmetic procedures.
American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
Provides information on gum disease, dental implants, and various periodontal surgical procedures.
Nobelbiocare is one of the major manufacturers of dental implants and implant related products.
One of the leaders in dental implant technology. The site provides useful information for patients interested in dental implants.